TSC Gaming
Welcome
to
TSC Gaming's
Forum

Wanting to become a member on any TSC server?
Make an introduction here!
http://tscgaming.forumotion.com/f8-introductions

Returning member? Please sign in and have fun!
Donate
navigation
Untitled Document
Latest topics
» Another New Minecraft Server, TSC 4.0
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:52 am by Poiuytas

» New Minecraft Server! #TSC3.0
Wed May 31, 2017 10:56 am by timmie124

» 1.2 = out
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:54 am by Poiuytas

» BRING BACK THE SERVER
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:20 am by CousinVinnie99

» NEW RANKING SYSTEM (WIP)
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:15 am by CousinVinnie99

» El Sleezo's Pawn (Back)
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:10 am by CousinVinnie99

» not sure if we're still doing this but...
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:09 am by CousinVinnie99

» bananananana peal
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:03 am by CousinVinnie99

» banana appeal
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:02 am by CousinVinnie99

Newww Rankksss

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Add the new ranks?

54% 54% 
[ 7 ]
46% 46% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 13

Newww Rankksss

Post by ATinyMuffin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:53 pm

So, I for one find it gets a little boring after a while just building with no actual cause. Now don't get me wrong, I love to build, but what IF we added more ranks? I mean not only would it give people more incentive to build, but ultimately it will give people MORE a reason want to play on TSC Gaming. There could also be some added to the other side of ranks, the whole trusting part. There are a lot of Advs/VIPs that just stop playing for periods of time (one being myself)

It could go Member - Builder - Adv - Architect? - Artisan? (Beastly's Idea). Now maybe one of these ranks could spawn items, use creative, and have limited access to world edit?

On the other side it could be Member - Trusted - VIP - Famous? - (no clue). They could have similar commands, but commands which would be more geared to general stuff?

All in all it will give people more of a reason to build cool shit, or do cool shit in general.

Sorry for the semi-long thread. But regardless, what do you guys think about it?(Particularly Timmie and Spencer since they would implement it)

ATinyMuffin

Back to top Go down

Re: Newww Rankksss

Post by Djrox on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:56 pm

ATinyMuffin wrote:So, I for one find it gets a little boring after a while just building with no actual cause. Now don't get me wrong, I love to build, but what IF we added more ranks? I mean not only would it give people more incentive to build, but ultimately it will give people MORE a reason want to play on TSC Gaming. There could also be some added to the other side of ranks, the whole trusting part. There are a lot of Advs/VIPs that just stop playing for periods of time (one being myself)

It could go Member - Builder - Adv - Architect? - Artisan? (Beastly's Idea). Now maybe one of these ranks could spawn items, use creative, and have limited access to world edit?

On the other side it could be Member - Trusted - VIP - Famous? - (no clue). They could have similar commands, but commands which would be more geared to general stuff?

All in all it will give people more of a reason to build cool shit, or do cool shit in general.

Sorry for the semi-long thread. But regardless, what do you guys think about it?(Particularly Timmie and Spencer since they would implement it)

Very well said.
Djrox
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Altrive on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:03 pm

to much ranks cause chaos but you know the more ranks the better! :3
Altrive
Trusted

Back to top Go down

Post by ATinyMuffin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:04 pm

There are only a 3 main ranks, Member - Builder/Trusted - Adv/VIP - A few more ranks couldn't hurt, in fact I think it would do the server good.
ATinyMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:07 pm

We already have enough ranks.

#WoopWoop
Spencer
Fuhrer Asshole

Back to top Go down

Post by ATinyMuffin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Well, that was anti-climactic.
ATinyMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by pingbro on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Would be cool
pingbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastlymonster7 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:12 pm

I think it would be great, I am not singleing anyone out by saying this, but some of the advanced players are better builders then others and some vip's are more active and more liked then others. This could single the really good builders and good players in the vip and advanced rank out from the not as good builders and inactive players. I think this would be a good idea.
Beastlymonster7
Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:16 pm

I don't think you understand how the ranking system works.

#WoopWoop
Spencer
Fuhrer Asshole

Back to top Go down

Post by ATinyMuffin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Beastlymonster7 wrote:I think it would be great, I am not singleing anyone out by saying this, but some of the advanced players are better builders then others and some vip's are more active and more liked then others. This could single the really good builders and good players in the vip and advanced rank out from the not as good builders and inactive players. I think this would be a good idea.

It does make sense. Imo. I mean would it be that hard to create even a single new rank? From what I can see almost everyone opted for it as soon as I mentioned it. If it makes people enjoy Tsc more, why not?
ATinyMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Djrox on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:38 pm

ATinyMuffin wrote:
Beastlymonster7 wrote:I think it would be great, I am not singleing anyone out by saying this, but some of the advanced players are better builders then others and some vip's are more active and more liked then others. This could single the really good builders and good players in the vip and advanced rank out from the not as good builders and inactive players. I think this would be a good idea.

It does make sense. Imo. I mean would it be that hard to create even a single new rank? From what I can see almost everyone opted for it as soon as I mentioned it. If it makes people enjoy Tsc more, why not?
Agreed.
Djrox
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:42 pm

If I could, I would derank most of the trusted and VIP. Most of them, I believe, aren't fitting for their rank. And it honestly bothers me that they have the rank.

On topic:

More ranks would be nice, but it's really unneeded. If you play on this server for ranks, you're never going to be satisfied. I know, I've been at the top for the majority of my time here.

As for incentive, the reason to play here would be to have fun (of course). Gaining ranks, and going for the next up is fun, but at some point, people hit a wall, and we have this same problem. The incentive for building should be the fulfillment and enjoyment of building itself. Post your creations in the Minecraft section and build things you want to build. That's probably the only reason I stay on this server, otherwise I probably wouldn't even be playing Minecraft anyway.

In addition, creating two new ranks would essentially create two new ranks that are only different in one aspect, if any. It would probably work out to having creative or /i, then world edit, then both. And honestly, that's just a waste of time to rank and create new sections of forums for.

tl;dr

Change is unneeded.

Back to top Go down

Post by ATinyMuffin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:57 pm

TheWeirdo9 wrote:If I could, I would derank most of the trusted and VIP. Most of them, I believe, aren't fitting for their rank. And it honestly bothers me that they have the rank.

On topic:

More ranks would be nice, but it's really unneeded. If you play on this server for ranks, you're never going to be satisfied. I know, I've been at the top for the majority of my time here.

As for incentive, the reason to play here would be to have fun (of course). Gaining ranks, and going for the next up is fun, but at some point, people hit a wall, and we have this same problem. The incentive for building should be the fulfillment and enjoyment of building itself. Post your creations in the Minecraft section and build things you want to build. That's probably the only reason I stay on this server, otherwise I probably wouldn't even be playing Minecraft anyway.

In addition, creating two new ranks would essentially create two new ranks that are only different in one aspect, if any. It would probably work out to having creative or /i, then world edit, then both. And honestly, that's just a waste of time to rank and create new sections of forums for.

tl;dr

Change is unneeded.

I understand what you're saying. I don't think anyone really plays for ranks, including myself. Like I said, I do enjoy building and Tsc is great. But when I think back to when I was a Member and Builder I always had something to work towards, a goal. And to me that was fun.

You really got me with most of what you said. I can't argue.

Buuuuuut you say "In addition, creating two new ranks would essentially create two new ranks that are only different in one aspect, if any". Member - Builder -Adv. What are the differences? /nick and /tp. That's really about it. /i or creative mode or having limited access to world edit is much more of an accomplishment than /nick or /tp, and is much more rewarding. Since Master builder is basically unattainable at this point for whatever reason (or at least from what I can see) I really don't see a reason not to add another rank. Like I said, most people like the idea. Happy member makes a happy server! Very Happy

Ultimately it gives commands that people can really appreciate and lets people be able to maybe have a little more fun with the server?
ATinyMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Altrive on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:08 pm

see the thing with world edit is its hard to trust people with it huh
Altrive
Trusted

Back to top Go down

Post by ATinyMuffin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:12 pm

altherlakt wrote:see the thing with world edit is its hard to trust people with it huh

"Limited Access" Only being able to use a certain radius and excluding some block types. Also if someone does manage to get the rank chances are they are trusted enough by the Admins and wouldn't risk getting banned after all the work they put into actually achieving the rank.
ATinyMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Altrive on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:15 pm

true true but still...
you can trust someone really well but then they hit a point of trust.
and they screw you over real good.
this happened to a server we all trusted this one player.
griefed us all.
now WE you can do a lot of horrible things with that
if they make just a giant layer of sand
it can ruin the whole area when it falls.
im still up for the ranks but if you leave the WE out and replace it with something out :p
Altrive
Trusted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Yes, the differences are few, but those ranks are in the game, and have been since h31ix (our parent server). I don't know all of the differences, but ones that should be implemented already are:

Builder/Trusted: nick names (surprisingly important for some people), simple falsebook commands (Gate/Bridge/Lift and such)

ADV/VIP: (Almost) Full access to Falsebook, which is one thing, but if you know what you're doing, this is a very useful asset to adding "that little touch". Colored nick names (which is strangely important to people).

I would like to add limited world edit to ADV/VIP. 2000 blocks or something maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by ATinyMuffin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:32 pm

altherlakt wrote:true true but still...
you can trust someone really well but then they hit a point of trust.
and they screw you over real good.
this happened to a server we all trusted this one player.
griefed us all.
now WE you can do a lot of horrible things with that
if they make just a giant layer of sand
it can ruin the whole area when it falls.
im still up for the ranks but if you leave the WE out and replace it with something out :p

World Edit + Hawk eye can make quick work of griefs like that.
ATinyMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Djrox on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Yeah. Colored nicknames are important to most people on the server. Surprisingly.
Djrox
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by ATinyMuffin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:42 pm

TheWeirdo9 wrote:Yes, the differences are few, but those ranks are in the game, and have been since h31ix (our parent server). I don't know all of the differences, but ones that should be implemented already are:

Builder/Trusted: nick names (surprisingly important for some people), simple falsebook commands (Gate/Bridge/Lift and such)

ADV/VIP: (Almost) Full access to Falsebook, which is one thing, but if you know what you're doing, this is a very useful asset to adding "that little touch". Colored nick names (which is strangely important to people).

I would like to add limited world edit to ADV/VIP. 2000 blocks or something maybe.

Simple world edit that is only 500 blocks or so would even help incredibly. But in my opinion not many people deserve that. I'm not in the least bit saying I am, but I am saying I've seen Adv's and have become bewildered based on what they have done/built. Now if we created a new rank and made it actually a challenge to get to, then that would be more deserving. Have a certain amounts of yes's on a certain amount of builds that have to be a certain size and have to have approval of at least 70% of the staff that votes. There would be no more flukes. People wont get it because they have a lot of friends like for builder.
ATinyMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwoToedBob on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:45 pm

My turn. NO, SHUT THE FUCK UP WE DON'T NEED MORE RANKS, THIS IS A STUPID IDEA AND YOU SHOULD GO SOAK YOUR HEAD FOR EVER THINKING IT UP. That will be all, thank you =)

TwoToedBob
Person
Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Altrive on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:52 pm

500 blocks can make a bad plane of sand spawn...
no hawk eye cant fix it ive worked with bigbrother before and i dont think we can rollback WE ship

and toe two *puts hands up* what did we do :O
Altrive
Trusted

Back to top Go down

Post by art1tuvsho on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:54 pm

I really don't know, it has two sides to it so...
art1tuvsho

Back to top Go down

Post by ATinyMuffin on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:03 am

Alth, the area where the sand is can be selected via world edit then //replace 0 and it will be gone.

And I guess TwoToed gave it to me pretty straight. :c
ATinyMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Altrive on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:15 am

no thats a lie because if it all falls its out of that block radius! so it can get on the trees and you have to clean it mainly or to WE and do //replace sand air but that both takes a long time
Altrive
Trusted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum