TSC Gaming
Welcome
to
TSC Gaming's
Forum

Wanting to become a member on any TSC server?
Make an introduction here!
http://tscgaming.forumotion.com/f8-introductions

Returning member? Please sign in and have fun!
Donate
navigation
Untitled Document
Latest topics
» Another New Minecraft Server, TSC 4.0
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:52 am by Poiuytas

» New Minecraft Server! #TSC3.0
Wed May 31, 2017 10:56 am by timmie124

» 1.2 = out
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:54 am by Poiuytas

» BRING BACK THE SERVER
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:20 am by CousinVinnie99

» NEW RANKING SYSTEM (WIP)
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:15 am by CousinVinnie99

» El Sleezo's Pawn (Back)
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:10 am by CousinVinnie99

» not sure if we're still doing this but...
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:09 am by CousinVinnie99

» bananananana peal
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:03 am by CousinVinnie99

» banana appeal
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:02 am by CousinVinnie99

Shit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shit

Post by Guest on Fri May 25, 2012 1:45 am

My high school career is coming to an end. In the time that has passed, I’ve met many people, and done the things that I’ve wanted to do. I have experienced the effects of great political and social downturns and success. All of these little things, whether I know it or not, have affected the way I think, and how I will act in this upcoming, unfolding world. My life since starting high school has not been perfect, it would be naïve to say so, and it would be ignorant to say that the future will be the perfection everyone envisions it. No matter how one tries, nothing can ever be perfect, but through combined efforts of the great minds that are now soon graduating from high school, and the future generation of children coming to aid the problems that ail us, we can get pretty close to a perfect world.
Achievement is the main thing people look at in a person. When asking what a person has done with their life, they’ll list off their achievements. I cannot claim to have done something people deem as “important”, such as finding a cure to cancer, or helping kids out in Africa, but I can say that what I’ve done is important to me, and most importantly, it is what I wanted to do. I had no extrinsic motivation. Things I have done were done for the pure joy of doing it. One thing that I’m particularly proud of is learning the binary number system. I became interested in it when a game I played had an aspect where knowing binary was a useful, and sometimes crucial, part of being successful. I am already very math savvy, so I became very interested in how it all worked. I had pages of little scribbles and notes to help me understand, or test material that I have learned. In addition, I taught myself logical components, or logic gates, which are necessary in all electronic devices. I became accustomed to the jargon in this field, and I’ve encountered numerous problems, which I’ve had to fix with logic and creativity. And with all of this in a video game (Video games are not so bad!)
Although I did not begin this hobby in high school, I am the proudest of my ability to solve a Rubik’s Cube. I started in 6th grade, and I have been going strong for nearly 5 years. But it’s not also my ability to solve it, but the time in which I solve it. I have a personal best at around 13.xx seconds (nowhere near the world record of 5.66 seconds), but the time is still fast nonetheless. Although my pace was slow, I had around a 1-2 minute average at 7th grade, and I started learning certain sets of moves or algorithms, to finish the cube even faster. As of now, I know well over 100 algorithms, and I am still learning more. In between, I’ve learned how to solve various other puzzles, bigger variations of the original Rubik’s Cube, and other stranger ones that you may not have heard of, like a megaminx or square-1. Recently, I taught my younger sister to solve a Rubik’s cube in a nice 2-3 minute average. And I’m hoping she’ll be as fast as me (but hopefully not faster).
As for the future, I don’t know for certain. Things change, and the expected never happens. I am hoping for admittance into a University of California, and going into medical school. For my senior year, I would like to pass the AP exams I plan to take, and get at least a 4.00 GPA. After that, I will allow destiny to take its course, and hope it finds its way.
I think I’ve always had this, and many may disagree, but patience really is an important part of life. Things do not just happen; you can’t just learn something instantly. There is no fix all for anything. Going back to solving Rubik’s Cubes, I was not instantly fast. Cumulatively, I’ve probably practiced well over 100 hours. Occasionally, I read posts on a cubing forum which I frequent. Every now and then a post says “Help, I’ve hit a wall and can’t get faster, what do I do???” And without fail, regulars of the forum always post, almost like a mantra: Practice, practice, practice. Patience is something that I have had a knack for, it seems.
I don’t like putting labels on subjective things. Success is like trash, someone else might loathe it. There is an interesting excerpt in my psychology text book that I agree with.
A fisherman goes out to sea every morning to fish and comes back in the evening to eat the fish, drink and have a good time. One day, a wealthy business man comes into the village the fisherman lives in. The business man suggests instead of eating the fish, he sells it, saves up money, to buy another bigger boat, to catch even more fish. Then there could be a fishing fleet to catch all of the fish. The fisherman asks, what would I do for fun? The business man replies, well you can have all the fun you want after you retire because of all of the money you’ll have made. The fisherman laughs, and says, “Why should I do that? Every day, I do what I enjoy doing. Fishing, drinking, and eating.”
The moral of the story is, motivation is different for everyone, and how success is measured, is also different for everyone. The business man has a job that will pay him a lot, but he’ll feel terrible. The fisherman may not have as much income, but he does what he loves. In all, I have been pretty successful. I haven’t started anything at school; I don’t actively partake in clubs, or extracurricular activity, but I do what I love, and I enjoy what I’m doing. There’s this girl, a year younger than me, most people will see her as successful, she has well above a 4.0, is active in many clubs, and even plays sports. Does that mean she enjoys all of it? I hear the moaning and groaning of all the people in band and sports. Sure, colleges look at it and say “Hey, they’re very active in school.” But that’s not what I want to do; I would rather have fun instead of regretting doing something because it will pay off later.
I have not had any one single major problem, but rather, many small problems. Nearing the end of sophomore year, I had signed up for four AP classes. Before this, I had not taken any AP courses, and from how my mother would put it, I had shown very little effort in school work. Even if only temporary, I was worried if I could handle the workload, and more importantly, if I would enjoy it. And so, I applied myself, and ended up with a nice 4.3 GPA at the end of the first semester. This was a crowning achievement for me. The first two years of high school were my two years of what I like to call “assimilation”. In other words, I did not do so well; although it wasn’t the worst, I would have liked better.
From other little problems, I learned a lot. That odd math problem there or that strange mishap in the circuitry I work with in the game I mentioned earlier, the little things I pick up are used later, and it is surprisingly useful information. Concepts from one area can shift over to other areas and become immensely useful. For an example, I was attempting to prove that the sum of 1/(x^n) is equal to 1/(x-1). I later generalized it to any linear exponential power, 1/(x^(ax+b)). This was just an interesting little thing I did for fun. A couple weeks later, completely unknowingly, this became very useful for finding the value of fractional binary numbers. So every success, no matter how small, can be immensely useful in some unrelated area of study.
For my senior year, I want to do about as well as my junior year. The classes I am taking my senior year are on par with my junior year, if not more difficult, and I plan to study hard for the SAT. I would like to take it at least twice in the fall. As for the senior exit interview, I’m hoping I’ll do something unique and unexpected. I want to go over all of my interests and strengths.
I am contempt with who and what I am. I would change nothing of the way I act. I can continue working hard and doing what I enjoy doing. As I said earlier, I cannot guarantee that I, specifically, will be the answer to all the problems. Concepts, ideas, and inventions we have weren’t thought up or made from just straight logic and hard work. There were some involved, but a lot of ideas and inventions came from sudden realization and lucky mistakes.

Back to top Go down

Re: Shit

Post by Spencer on Fri May 25, 2012 2:08 am

Spencer Davis
Period 5
Senior Exit Interview Reflective Essay
Much of my life is shaped around what I have learned and done in school. I do not really do much after school. At least nothing that is very interesting. I spend most of my free time using a computer. I have made many friends over the years of lurking the internet and I have learned many things. Almost a year ago, my brother and I created an online community that consists of over seven-hundred members from many different countries around the world. It has taught about different cultures and the responsibility of managing a community. Throughout my high school career, I have probably set many goals for myself, however, I cannot remember any of them so they probably were not very significant. Whether or not I completed these goals, I cannot say, for I do not even remember what these goals were. Next year, my one true goal is to graduate.
The only accomplishments of my first two years of high school that I can think of are passing the class. As I said in the previous paragraph, I do not remember any goals that I had set for myself. Every year, most students have to write about what they plan to accomplish that year. Every year, I have to make something up because I honestly have no idea what I want to do. Every time, I am bothered with the fact that I feel like I have to choose what I am going to do with my life because of some essay for a class. I know I can just make something up and the one who is grading it would not know any better, but I do not feel this is a topic that students should have to write on. Not everyone knows what they are going to do with their life; some of us just like to go with whatever happens.
I have learned many things from many people over the years. I have learned that there are some really good people and very bad people out there. I have learned that some people are extremely intelligent and others are complete morons. As mentioned earlier, I run a very diverse online community. I have met all sorts of different people, some kind, some cruel. I have learned how to help these people interact and get along. I have learned to interact with these people. Do I feel successful about this? No. I deal with these people all day on the internet, but anywhere outside of my home, I have a hard time I have a very hard time interacting with others. I do not really have a way that I measure success. Everyone has their own opinion on what success is and that is fine with me.
My major obstacle that I still currently face is the way I act around others. I dislike talking with people face to face. I do what I can to avoid interaction. Listening to music is a great way to keep people away. When people see someone with earbuds in their ears, they assume that they are occupied with their music or cannot hear. I have not solved this problem, I still have a hard time dealing with people. It is possible to learn from your failures more than your successes, but it all depends on the situation. I cannot really come up with any stories or examples. My problem started when I was young. My family just thought that I was shy. As I got older, I soon realized that I was not just shy, there was something more. I actually disliked talking with people. I noticed that I had started going out of my way to avoid conversation and having to talk in front of people. On days that I would have to present something for a project, I would stay home. Just recently, I had a project for history that I had to do. It was supposed to be a group project, but I chose to do it alone because I did not want to let my partner down because I knew I would not show up for the presentation. I stayed home and took an F for the presentation. I have no idea how I can contain this issue. Advise for being successful though? Do what you want or do what you enjoy. Do what you have to do in order to feel that you have succeeded. Everyone’s view of success is different, so everyone is going to have a different idea on how to be successful.
As I mentioned before in the second paragraph, I dislike writing about my goals and I will probably just make something up. My only real goal for my senior year is to graduate. I do not care about what grades I get. I do not want all A’s like most students would. I do not want to be that over achieving advanced super student. I do not want to show any effort. After school, I want a job that has to do with computers. Computers are something that have fascinated me for many years. If I do not do something computer related, I would probably do something in the culinary field. I have recently discovered my love for cooking within the past year. I have not really done anything to prepare for my plans after school. As I mentioned earlier, I like to just roll with things and let whatever happens happen. My only preparation is for computers is experience. I spend most of my time on a computer and I have learned a thing or two about a thing or two. I have learned my way around a computer and I know about their hardware and whatnot. My preparation for cooking is the same way I developed my love for cooking. I took the Foods and Nutrition class provided by the school. I signed up to take Foods and Beverage class next year too. I have not made any sort of plans for this Senior Exit Interview. From what I have seen, nobody knows what it is and nobody knows how we are supposed to prepare for it. There has not been anyone that has explained what this interview is or what we have to do in order to pass it. I do not feel that we should have a project that decides whether or not we can graduate. I have no idea what I am going to talk about or what I am going to be asked to do. I have not been prepared in any sort of way for this Interview. The only explanation that I have is this very prompt that I am reading from and answering these questions. I am sure that most of my fellow classmates would agree that they have no idea what they are doing.
In no way has this reflection helped me evaluate or analyze where I am today and what I need to do in the future. I feel like I have been ranting throughout this entire essay. The only reason I am writing this is because it is required to graduate. I have no regrets in my life. If I had a chance to do everything over in my life, I would do them just the way I did. I am not a productive adult and I have not been growing into one. I am a slacker and I waste all of my time on the internet. From what I have seen so far, I probably will never become a productive adult. Productive is like an antonym of Spencer. I have answered all of the questions on this prompt, more or less, so I bid you adieu. Have a nice day.

#WoopWoop
Spencer
Fuhrer Asshole

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer on Fri May 25, 2012 2:09 am

50% bullshit, 50% half assed. 100% shit.

#WoopWoop
Spencer
Fuhrer Asshole

Back to top Go down

Post by timmie124 on Fri May 25, 2012 11:49 am

After 12 years of Bullshit, listening to teachers and instructors telling me what to do, and always listening and now receiving news that I might not graduate has devastated me. It feels like the last decade of my life was wasted as if nothing I really did mattered. To be honest I'm also somewhat happy I'm not going to graduate, because I've always done things my own way. I hate listening people, when I'm told to do something even if I was planning on doing it, I won’t do it because I was told to do it by someone else, just to show that they don't have control over me. My tastes in music, clothes, cars, even computers I've built have followed this line. Everyone was listening to rap, I was listening to punk, Everyone was wearing nice clothes, I was wearing band shirts fucked up shoes and jeans, I was told to get a chevy I got a Mopar, I was told intel was faster, I bought an AMD chipset and over clocked it until it was faster then intel.

That being said you don't have to listen to anyone, there’s always a way to do something your own way. It's doing things your own way which leads to progress and new ideas. After doing things my own way, I have a lot of ideas for inventions, some car related some computer related, only thing stopping me is time and money. I feel like school really hasn't gotten me anywhere as schools main purpose is to teach conformity and how to work in a factory (why you sit in rows in a classroom). They don't teach you real world skills, they don't teach you how to run a community with 700+ people, how to manage your money, how to land a job. They just teach you math, English and usually science that you will never use again.

I was pretty much a loser after 7th grade, because when I moved to Murrieta I didn't really have any friends, this is when I started to play pc games constantly and really got into building computers and networks. As I was meeting people through these systems, making real friends that cared about me and I cared about them. I had always played the game second life when my life was off as It was my second family, always welcome even though the people I talked to were much older then me, but the treated me as If I was there age. Through playing this game, I learned some programming skills and I learned how to use Photoshop and Gimp fluently.

After a year of living in Murrieta I decided I didn't want to spend my high school career as a loser so I moved back to what I consider home, Tustin/Santa ana. Even when I came back I didn't have a lot of the friends that I used to have as I lost touch with them after being gone for over a year and not being able to spend anytime with them because of my parents constant fighting, and wasn't able to make connections with anyone in Murrieta for the same reason.

The years went by I stayed pretty quiet most of the time, but had met quite a few people and made some really close connections with people, which I rather have then a lot of friends and no close ones. Even then I stayed pretty quiet even around them but eventually become more talkative and leaving my shell, especially Junior year and Senior year has been great as I'm a lot more friend now and a lot more talkative with people. I blame part of this due to TSC the Server community I'm sure you are all aware of. As I try my best to come on every day and talk to you guys, you guys have been some of my closest friends, and we don't even do anything except do stupid shit on the internet and builds worlds for others to enjoy. Honestly seeing people enjoy the Minecraft server is the most rewarding thing I Have done. Seeing people grow up with each other has been amazing thing to see. I've seen complete morons mature and become good people; this is partly due to our asshole shenanigans that take place from time to time.

Even if I don't graduate, I can honestly say I know I learned then most of the kids that go to my school, I have experienced life quite a bit, I have learned so much on my own, I've learned programming skills, management skills, money skills, I've learned how to become a mechanic and how to build a car from the ground up, I've learned how computers work and why they work the way they do, I've learned how to play guitar and bass, and even the drums (I'm not that great at it) but either way it's more then what most people will do with their life’s. As people go on with their life’s, I will be here doing the same thing I've been doing for almost a year, building a community for all to enjoy, each month brings in a completely different generation of people with there own attitude and style of building. The first members loved to build towns, today’s new members tend to be more into building over the top things, others RP's. I wish I could run the server full time, but sadly it doesn’t pay, and computers is too completive of a business so I’ve decided to be a mechanic, but at the end of the day I will know where I came from, H31ix.net, TSCGaming, and the various gaming groups I’ve been part of that have inspired me, and will continue inspire me for years to come.

TL;DR: While Iguanas CAN be fed on a mayonnaise only diet, it is hard to do and rarely worth the risk.

timmie124
Founder

http://tscgaming.org

Back to top Go down

Post by pantaleon26 on Fri May 25, 2012 1:51 pm

I actually read Royce's... but then i saw two more
pantaleon26
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronmuffin on Fri May 25, 2012 2:56 pm

Im Kronmuffin and this is my story

Since the beginning of time i have existed. The end.
Kronmuffin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer on Fri May 25, 2012 6:02 pm

These are essays we had to write in order to graduate. Our entire class thinks it's bullshit, but yea. We posted them here. Fuck off Tim, you're not even at our school.

#WoopWoop
Spencer
Fuhrer Asshole

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 25, 2012 6:37 pm

But Tim, if you stayed in Murrieta.

Back to top Go down

Post by art1tuvsho on Fri May 25, 2012 10:06 pm

I read them all, learned a lot about y'all. Spencer do you have Autism?
art1tuvsho

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 25, 2012 10:45 pm

Autism and anti social behavior/social awkwardness are completely different.

Back to top Go down

Post by art1tuvsho on Fri May 25, 2012 11:32 pm

K, sorry
art1tuvsho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top