TSC Gaming
Welcome
to
TSC Gaming's
Forum

Wanting to become a member on any TSC server?
Make an introduction here!
http://tscgaming.forumotion.com/f8-introductions

Returning member? Please sign in and have fun!
Donate
navigation
Untitled Document
Latest topics
» Another New Minecraft Server, TSC 4.0
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:52 am by Poiuytas

» New Minecraft Server! #TSC3.0
Wed May 31, 2017 10:56 am by timmie124

» 1.2 = out
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:54 am by Poiuytas

» BRING BACK THE SERVER
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:20 am by CousinVinnie99

» NEW RANKING SYSTEM (WIP)
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:15 am by CousinVinnie99

» El Sleezo's Pawn (Back)
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:10 am by CousinVinnie99

» not sure if we're still doing this but...
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:09 am by CousinVinnie99

» bananananana peal
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:03 am by CousinVinnie99

» banana appeal
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:02 am by CousinVinnie99

Plugins

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Plugins

Post by CousinVinnie99 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:05 pm

pantaleon26 wrote:
CousinVinnie99 wrote:Are we gonna do an RP world?

the more we add to RP, the less fun it is

it was at its best when it was just everyone dicking around in kron's citadel

I think if it was actually organized it would be fun. I.E. No destroying shit. That is when it went downhill.

CousinVinnie99
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:34 pm

It went downhill when we decided to put bullshit rules for factions. Then everyone was mad because said rules were being broken.

Don't put any rules and have it 100% vanilla.

Back to top Go down

Post by pantaleon26 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:20 am

if you insist on RP shit, do it in a limited area or no-one will ever seen anyone
pantaleon26
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:31 am

How big of an area? 1000/1000? Seems too small. And 10,000 would be too big.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:32 am

Or we could do powers of two, like 4096. How's that size?

Back to top Go down

Post by pantaleon26 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:59 am

couldn't tell you without looking at it...but it needs to be small enough for us to actualy see and interact with eachotherr and not just hide in bases on the other side of the world
pantaleon26
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CousinVinnie99 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:05 pm

I dont see why it is a bad thing that we hardly see other factions... Bases should be far away from each other. If they are close to each other, bullshit will occur. And what happens when resources run low? Then they attack each other's base and shit goes downhill again.

CousinVinnie99
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ATinyMuffin on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:09 pm

CousinVinnie99 wrote:I dont see why it is a bad thing that we hardly see other factions... Bases should be far away from each other. If they are close to each other, bullshit will occur. And what happens when resources run low? Then they attack each other's base and shit goes downhill again.
Isn't that kinda the point of factions? To compete and try and ruin each other?
ATinyMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by CousinVinnie99 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:15 pm

ATinyMuffin wrote:
CousinVinnie99 wrote:I dont see why it is a bad thing that we hardly see other factions... Bases should be far away from each other. If they are close to each other, bullshit will occur. And what happens when resources run low? Then they attack each other's base and shit goes downhill again.

Well, yes. But I am trying to say, if 2 factions are on top of each other, resources will be dry in no time, and attacks will start earlier then they should. So lets say both are still building their bases. The begin to run low on supplies. One faction decides to attack so early that the other faction gets pissed off and attacks back. They have both gone nowhere, and just managed to piss each other off. That wont be fun at all.

So I am saying if we cant make them far apart enough, they wont run low on supplies because they will have more land to search, and they will have more time to build up a base. It also means that it is very unlikely they will find each other before they have enough of a base to defend from.

CousinVinnie99
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ATinyMuffin on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:46 pm

CousinVinnie99 wrote:
ATinyMuffin wrote:

Well, yes. But I am trying to say, if 2 factions are on top of each other, resources will be dry in no time, and attacks will start earlier then they should. So lets say both are still building their bases. The begin to run low on supplies. One faction decides to attack so early that the other faction gets pissed off and attacks back. They have both gone nowhere, and just managed to piss each other off. That wont be fun at all.

So I am saying if we cant make them far apart enough, they wont run low on supplies because they will have more land to search, and they will have more time to build up a base. It also means that it is very unlikely they will find each other before they have enough of a base to defend from.
Well, you could just set a certain no pvp time limit. Disable pvp in the world until a certain time and then enable it. Problem solved.
ATinyMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by CousinVinnie99 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:15 pm

ATinyMuffin wrote:
CousinVinnie99 wrote:
ATinyMuffin wrote:

Well, you could just set a certain no pvp time limit. Disable pvp in the world until a certain time and then enable it. Problem solved.

And what about supplies? If the Factions are large enough, you wouldn't believe how fast supplies can go down.

CousinVinnie99
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:23 pm

I don't want official factions. I think the best way to go about this is an "anything goes" policy. That way we don't have to worry about much except flying. Just need to get antifly thing to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by ATinyMuffin on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:20 pm

CousinVinnie99 wrote:
ATinyMuffin wrote:
CousinVinnie99 wrote:
ATinyMuffin wrote:

And what about supplies? If the Factions are large enough, you wouldn't believe how fast supplies can go down.
It's PvP, it's not supposed to be a walk in the park. It's supposed to be hard to get items because you'll constantly be looking over your shoulder.

And there's still hacked clients to worry about. They have X-ray and kill aura, amongst other things.
ATinyMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by CousinVinnie99 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:21 pm

TheWeirdo9 wrote:I don't want official factions. I think the best way to go about this is an "anything goes" policy. That way we don't have to worry about much except flying. Just need to get antifly thing to work.

I still think we should not limit the amount of space. Also, factions dont matter, as in official or not. If people want to be official, I say why not. It is better if this is organized than not.

CousinVinnie99
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CousinVinnie99 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:24 pm

ATinyMuffin wrote:
CousinVinnie99 wrote:
ATinyMuffin wrote:
CousinVinnie99 wrote:
ATinyMuffin wrote:

It's PvP, it's not supposed to be a walk in the park. It's supposed to be hard to get items because you'll constantly be looking over your shoulder.

And there's still hacked clients to worry about. They have X-ray and kill aura, amongst other things.

Last time I checked, RP is not PvP. PvP is something that you can choose to do, but you dont necessarily need to fight... You can make peace with other factions. I remember there was a faction that was just trading, as in no fighting with anyone. So really, you wont have to be looking over your shoulder. If both factions want peace, killing each other will just cause bullshit, and most may like to avoid that.

CousinVinnie99
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ATinyMuffin on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:37 pm

CousinVinnie99 wrote:
ATinyMuffin wrote:
CousinVinnie99 wrote:
ATinyMuffin wrote:
CousinVinnie99 wrote:
ATinyMuffin wrote:

Last time I checked, RP is not PvP. PvP is something that you can choose to do, but you dont necessarily need to fight... You can make peace with other factions. I remember there was a faction that was just trading, as in no fighting with anyone. So really, you wont have to be looking over your shoulder. If both factions want peace, killing each other will just cause bullshit, and most may like to avoid that.

But then again there are people, like myself, who are bloodthirsty and actually will pvp if the chance arises. And if there are no borders, people will just run extremely far out and it will be basically a survival world because there will be no real interaction. And if that's the case, what's the point?
ATinyMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by CousinVinnie99 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:51 pm

ATinyMuffin wrote:
CousinVinnie99 wrote:
ATinyMuffin wrote:
CousinVinnie99 wrote:
ATinyMuffin wrote:
CousinVinnie99 wrote:
ATinyMuffin wrote:

But then again there are people, like myself, who are bloodthirsty and actually will pvp if the chance arises. And if there are no borders, people will just run extremely far out and it will be basically a survival world because there will be no real interaction. And if that's the case, what's the point?

But that is a point, too. With a Small amount of land, the bloodthirsty people will end up pissing everyone off. Thats why we need no land limit. Also, land will only load so much until it is endless ocean, so it wont be endless searching. Also, that is part of the experience, exploring and searching. If you find the enemy base, you write down the coordinates or something. Then you organize a plan and attack. This could also make factions make decoy bases. Just a lot of possibilities that I dont think should be limited.

CousinVinnie99
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CousinVinnie99 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Also, if I started a faction, I would have more than just a main base. I would expand further, meaning more places to attack.

CousinVinnie99
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:12 pm

CousinVinnie99 wrote:
ATinyMuffin wrote:
CousinVinnie99 wrote:
ATinyMuffin wrote:
CousinVinnie99 wrote:
ATinyMuffin wrote:
CousinVinnie99 wrote:
ATinyMuffin wrote:

But that is a point, too. With a Small amount of land, the bloodthirsty people will end up pissing everyone off. Thats why we need no land limit. Also, land will only load so much until it is endless ocean, so it wont be endless searching. Also, that is part of the experience, exploring and searching. If you find the enemy base, you write down the coordinates or something. Then you organize a plan and attack. This could also make factions make decoy bases. Just a lot of possibilities that I dont think should be limited.

And maybe that's what they're trying to do. This world should not be very heavily ridden with rules and limitations. People should do whatever they want to do.

On one side of this argument, the side with a limited world space, for the most part, supplies are limited, and you can't do much about it. This will cause rise for conflict and end up in a much more exciting end game, because one faction may have a lot of resources, and remaining factions do not, which means things like trading and war would be common.

The other side, having an unlimited world space, could mean everyone will have the resources they need, but little things done for teh lulz would cause conflict. (Kinda like how WW1 started because those eastern Europeans (Wikipedia says Yugoslavian guy) assassinated the Arch duke fool.) So the only thing to do in this would be to play vanilla. Trading is pretty useless since you can just get everything yourself, and wars would be for fun (lol?) because there isn't much to gain.

Honestly, I prefer (if it's not obvious previously, I think it seems pretty obvious) a limited world space because it would force people together instead of having everyone spaced out. Once supplies are gone (this would actually take a very, very long time, and arguing this against a limited world is implying that the supplies would be exhausted very quickly.), we could very easily start a new season like we were planning with the previous rp. And interestingly enough, with a worldedit command, you can check how much of each ore there is in the ground, so if it gets low enough, you can announce the amount in the world. (And also announce the initial amount of diamond, because that's what people really want to know).

Anyway. There's my opinion of everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by CousinVinnie99 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:16 pm

If you want to limit world space, go ahead. But I dont think that will be fun. People too close together tend to be more aggressive. If you remember the Old RP, aggression was a big reason that everything fell apart. Also, limiting makes it less fun. I cant do as much, and yeah. I dont think limiting will be fun for anyone, but if you want to do it, go ahead.

CousinVinnie99
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Once again you're assuming that there won't be enough space.

If I decided to do a 10k sq meter area, you know how big that is. Big enough that there will be enough supplies, and big enough that factions would be far enough to not cause problems. If it DOES cause problems, we can restart when everyone complains and have a bigger region. That's all.

Back to top Go down

Post by CousinVinnie99 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Fine, but dont say I didnt tell you.

CousinVinnie99
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by art1tuvsho on Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:07 pm

If we have a pvp arena/plot that would be kinda nice since people sometimes wanna kill... C:<
art1tuvsho

Back to top Go down

Post by CousinVinnie99 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:16 pm

We are talking about RP world.

CousinVinnie99
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by art1tuvsho on Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:31 pm

I was just saying... Mr.Pony
art1tuvsho