TSC Gaming
Welcome
to
TSC Gaming's
Forum

Wanting to become a member on any TSC server?
Make an introduction here!
http://tscgaming.forumotion.com/f8-introductions

Returning member? Please sign in and have fun!
Donate
navigation
Untitled Document
Latest topics
» Another New Minecraft Server, TSC 4.0
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:22 am by timmie124

» New Minecraft Server! #TSC3.0
Wed May 31, 2017 10:56 am by timmie124

» 1.2 = out
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:54 am by Poiuytas

» BRING BACK THE SERVER
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:20 am by CousinVinnie99

» NEW RANKING SYSTEM (WIP)
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:15 am by CousinVinnie99

» El Sleezo's Pawn (Back)
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:10 am by CousinVinnie99

» not sure if we're still doing this but...
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:09 am by CousinVinnie99

» bananananana peal
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:03 am by CousinVinnie99

» banana appeal
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:02 am by CousinVinnie99

The minecraft server

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The minecraft server

Post by Kronmuffin on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:45 pm

I feel like this server is shit.

I have a few ideas tim if your interested in making this a good server. There is no going back if i tell you cause I will hack your computer and delete the server if u be a shitty screen door about this.
Kronmuffin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: The minecraft server

Post by timmie124 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:57 pm

Well I'm listening
I'll just change the lmi info and problem solved Razz

TL;DR: While Iguanas CAN be fed on a mayonnaise only diet, it is hard to do and rarely worth the risk.

timmie124
Founder

http://tscgaming.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronmuffin on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:20 pm

nope doesn't work like that.

any ways. i feel as if we need a complete server overall. we need to look at other servers and see what there doin that make them popular.

most server have a spawn that u need to walk threw like a tutorial before u can actually play that explain the rules with out just having a big room with signs cause that boring.

ive been around and most of them have plugins that help build communitys such as

towny
chest shop
iconomy
factions
jobs
mob bounty

ive also noticed that the admins dont fix grief on some servers the player hast to buy a worldguard protection thingy with iconomy money to keep there shit safe.

we need to get a bunch of plugins like this and make a new main world.

ill personally make a spawn that explains the rules and how to do things so it is set up in such a manner that is fun for the player. instead of a room full of signs that everyone ignores.

we also need to get plugins that make it so every time you vote for the server youll receive diamonds in game money and ect. so we get more votes.

we need to get a stable rank tree because right now everyone is just a bunch of colors and names and i don't even know who is what rank.

this is stuff that we need to do to make this server better and tim dont shit out on me with this one. we can become very popular if u just do what i fucking say.
Kronmuffin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by timmie124 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:05 pm

My current plans for the server
- Reset iconomy
- add some sort of shop program
- add mob bounty (I reinstalled it a few weeks back but it didn't work)
- add quests and npc's

I would like us to start working on projects and finishing them, but when ever I bring something up, there's a total lack of interest.

My not doing list
-factions
-towny
-new world or spawn

TL;DR: While Iguanas CAN be fed on a mayonnaise only diet, it is hard to do and rarely worth the risk.

timmie124
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazumi58 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:06 pm

I would Gladly help but I have Mid-Terms this week and I have to pass them. I wont be able to get on in till the next week.

I would fix the griefs but I do not understand co at all.
Kazumi58

Back to top Go down

Post by timmie124 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:31 pm

CO is the exact same thing, just /co instead of /he

timmie124
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by xblue_devil on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 am

Well, Kron said everything I said, just rephrased. Btw, buying world guard regions is awful, just about always. The Dirt towers are everywhere and there is rarely a fun/ safe/ good looking place on the server.
However, Tim, There is a way to do factions, that makes everyone happy....
All you need is a couple of mods and admins that are willing to be bugged constantly about world guarding regions to specific factions, and keeping up to date with who is at war with who. And, it would appear that both Kron and Eric are willing to do that. (Eric was suggesting something similar earlier)

Basically you just have to be smart about it. If you want to do Iconomy, then you HAVE to have billionaires. Imagine in real life, if someone cheated the stock market in a legal way, and got 10 million dollars. The government wouldn't just be like "Nope!" and take it all!

Look at Mcpvp raiding servers. They have 24/7 500 slot servers with PVP ON and griefing ALLOWED. Basically, if you don't want to be griefed, join a faction to protect your area, or buy an apartment. Limit griefing to non-faction structures (i.e. you can't just blow up a field) And it might be smart to do a large protected town with rentable houses. Basically you just define a region, (house), put a sign to rent that region for a set amount of time, and make the limit one region per day. Simple.

Here is a conflict-tree with griefing.

Player builds something
Gets left alone OR
Gets griefed ---> Should join a faction to be more protected

Doesn't join faction----> Goes to rent an apartment in a mass housing complex

Does join faction ----> Can earn money through doing faction related quests.

(NEXT BRANCH)

No longer an independent player.

Either, makes a mini faction (Protected under the server controlled main faction)
OR
Decides to stay with big faction and continue to earn money at a slower pace.

(DECIDES TO Stay with BIG FACTION)
Ranks up within faction.

(DECIDES TO MAKE SMALLER FACTION
(Probably continues to live in smaller housing. But has more freedom, and more power)

^^^^^This would only be long time players really^^^^^^^^

(NEXT BRANCH)

New player: doesn't get accepted to big faction -----> Joins small faction

Decides to not be in faction at all -----> Accepts that he/she may be griefed and may lose everything at any time.
Counter: Can harbor more money to themselves by trading with different factions than just one.

Factions are not people! They are the buildings, technically. So, if you are outside of the building, you are a free kill. The rules are made simple by the fact that there are no in between rules. If you are in a faction building, you are safe. But it costs more money. If you are outside, you are free to be killed by anyone. Bandit, other faction, mob, all the same.

Thats how simple it is. World guarded regions, that only people in that faction can affect.

Rambleramble focus-----

If you have a couple people dedicated to this server, that want to make it better. There is no good reason to shoot them down, other than fear.
The current players will loose their things, and I will personally explain to them
(If you decide to take the next step on being a large server)
PERSONALLY explain to them the concept of letting go, to make something better later.

It is always hard for younger players to understand loosing things they have done in game, so that they can reset and make something better the next time around.

Also, to make it easy to join a faction, you could make things like this:

------(Examples)------

Miners:
To join, you teleport to a private mine, and you have to earn enough money by digging in that mine (or outside) to join. The mine just makes it so that you can mine in a safer area and focus on mining a ton. It also makes the world outside get less choppy. So you have to be a miner, that likes mining, to join.

Warriors:
Typically more pvp oriented. Joining would be a difficult task of surviving in a mob arena long enough to earn enough money (selliing drops) to join the faction. All through the process you may sell the drops to monitor your progress. It may take 500 mob kills to earn enough money to join. So you have to like killing mobs to join.

(SIDE NOTE) all of these tasks allow you to bring things in, but also have limits for the shops inside. I.e. If you are going to join the mining faction, you may bring in 20 diamonds, and sell them, but either way you have mined those objects, or got them from someone who did. Or maybe you just got enough money by killing mobs, but who cares! If you kill mobs more, then you want to join warriors! It is all a matter of choice by the player, so flaws in the system aren't flaws. They are decisions.

Assassins:
Difficult jump course where you have to get to the end, and press a button to join. Easy, no money involved. Assassins, once in, will be able to /kit to get things that will help them in jumping/parkouring. You have to be really good to join.

All paid groups will cost a similar amount. It is a high price, but you do get cool things.

You get the idea. Those three things, completely, would take 4/5 people maybe a week to finish. 1 week, with all of the mods/plug-ins ready to go. The longest part would be the jumping puzzle.

Just think on that. That there are enough people that want to do this to make it work. There are enough people to want it to work. There are enough people to get it done. It is just a matter of whether you are ready to take the initiative to leave this server style behind, and move on!

Thoughts??
xblue_devil

Back to top Go down

Post by xblue_devil on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:07 am

These are the rules from Banes Penitentiary. They are strict, and ruthless. The Idea is that everyone on the server is under the iron fist of these rules, and there are no exceptions. Obviously, it is a prison server, but I see no reason why the same exact concept can't be applied to a faction server. Just change the names and the perks, and bam, faction ranks. Once you are a certain rank in a faction, you can't leave that faction, unless you click a button at spawn that resets your rank. Also, part of what they had at the prison server, except there was only one rank tree. C,B,A,Elite,Free
Translate to here,
Miner, Advanced Miner, Super Miner, Gopher, Dwarf Etc.
You guys are smart, so you can fill in the blanks.
Otherwise, any questions?

----Server Rules----
(Breaking these will result in a kick or ban)
No mods or hacked clients
No spamming
No abusing server glitches/bugs
No advertising (Warning then ban)
No griefing the Wilderness (area surrounding the prison)

----Prison Rules----
(Breaking these may result in temporary confinement or solitary, but will not result in a kick or ban)

--3+ jails within one hour will result in demotion to Block-D
--5+ fights in a short timespan will result in demotion to Block-D
(Only applies to C-Block prisoners)
--Do not attack other prisoners/guards.
A Guard will kill all who attack regardless of who started it.
Attacking: Results in jail time
No killing the same Guard 3 times in a row
Results in jail time
No starting 5+ fights in a short time span
Results in demotion to Block-D (applies only to C's)
--No Visual Possession of Contraband.
A Guard will count down from 5.
If you do not hand it over, the following will happen:
In a PVP-Zone: The guard will attack
In a Non-PVP Zone: Results in jail time

--Do not camp Non-PVP areas
No waiting outside any Non-PVP area to kill other users
*Results in jail time
Do not abuse PVP zones
-No attacking a user who is in a PVP zone while standing in a Non-PVP zone.
-No using potions in Non-PVP
-No hopping back and forth between PVP and Non-PVP while a Guard is counting
-No running into Non-PVP during a Guard fight- guard will count to 5
-Plots and warp signs are treated as Non-PVP zones
*All will result in Jail time
Do not grief mines/other areas in which you can build
-Destroying saplings in Tree Farm:
Results in jail time (30 min)
-Placing Lava
May result in a temporary ban (Jail for warden)

What to jail for:

(Standard jail time is 10 min) (5 sec countdown must be given)
-Refusal to give contraband (In Non-PVP Zone)
-Abuse of Non-PVP Zones (Includes plots)
-Griefing Mines, Tree Farm, etc.
-Running into Non-PVP during a guard fight
-Breaking a server rule (Alert a Warden afterwards)
-Killing the same Guard 3 times in a row (C)
<----------------Guard rules:--------------->

--Kill anyone that attacks you or another prisoner.
*If a prisoner is being attacked but does not fight back, do not kill the victim unless he/she fights.
--If a contraband item is seen, order the prisoner to give it over.
If the prisoner does not comply, begin counting down from 5.
After 5 seconds, you may do the following:
-PVP Zone: Attack the user
-Non-PVP Zone: Jail the user
---NO GRUDGES.
*If a prisoner kills you, you may not spawn - find him and revenge-kill him. To attack him, you must wait for the prisoner to attack you again, at which point normal guard rules apply.
--Non-PVP means a "clean slate" for prisoners
-If a prisoner hits you and runs into NON-PVP, you cannot attack them when they leave unless you successfully hit them before they entered.
--Do not jail users for more than 30 minutes.
*Only exception: Users breaking server rules
--Do not store Guard Kits.
*Guards abusing kits will be demoted or banned depending on the situation

-Guard Commands:
/kit guard
Supplies armor/sword
/kit potion
Supplies health potions
/jail temp
-Jails the user. Brackets only designate a value that must be entered. Use "m" for minutes. (10m = 10 minutes)

/jail J_bd temp 1s

Rank Info:

(Sorted from lowest to highest)
--D--
Solitary Confinement of Bains Penitentiary! Located deep underground, only the worst prisoners will be sent here. Hard labor is done in the obsidian mines. This area is known for illegal activity, but due to the amount of violence Guards tend to avoid it. 1,000 BP is needed to rejoin society in C-Block.

--C--
(Default) (5k BP if moving up from D)
The default rank of convicts- the basic stone quarry and tree farm are available to obtain blocks to sell in the block shops in order to gain BP. Blocks can also be sold in the Player Market, the free market of the prison. Crime and violence are frequent here, as it is the most populous sector.

--B--
(15k BP)
Your first taste of luxury! Congratulations on your dedication. But it doesn't stop here. To continue progressing through the ranks, more BP is needed. Access to two new mines, the Sandstone Quarry and Dirt Yard, will make things easier. More protection is also gained- less pvp-enabled areas allow you to protect your loot. Rent a customizable cell for even more security.

--A--
(35k BP)
You're making great progress! You may find that ranking up is easier from here on out. Two of the fastest moneymakers as well as minimal PVP make this block a great reward. Risk your life in the Mob Farm, or rake in the BP in the Nether Mine. The Prisoner Conference area also resides here, where you may meet up with ex-convicts from the outside world.

--Elite--
(65k BP)
You've made it! How does it feel? You are now the highest rank of prisoners. With every sector at your fingertips, you are now free to manipulate the prison. Four new ways to earn BP, permanent cells, and complete non-pvp make this block the best in the prison. Dig in the luxurious Snow Mine, where you'll fill your inventory faster than you can believe. Take your pick to the Mossy Mine or Ender Mine, where you'll collect rare blocks while also making a large profit. Feeling hungry? Use the block's Pig Farm and use or sell the pork. Freedom is only one step away!

--Free--
(100k BP)
Congratulations! After a dismal life behind bars, you've finally been set Free! But the fun doesn't stop here. You are now allowed to enter and exit the prison as you please. The Wilderness has no rules. (Besides server rules) Griefing, stealing, etc. are all NOT allowed. However, prison rules must still be followed when inside the facility. You are also free to join the growing city of Omega, where you'll experience a multitude of fantastic perks. Mine at leisure in the NetherBrick Mine or StoneBrick Mine, the two most profitable mines on the server. Explore the Nether through the only portal on the server. Buy and sell at the Omega Market, which allows access to almost every block in the game. EXP potions and most other types of potions are also available for purchase.
xblue_devil

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolix9 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:18 am

I like your idea Blue
nicolix9

Back to top Go down

Post by timmie124 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Basically you just have to be smart about it. If you want to do Iconomy, then you HAVE to have billionaires. Imagine in real life, if someone cheated the stock market in a legal way, and got 10 million dollars. The government wouldn't just be like "Nope!" and take it all!

Ide be ok with that its just the people with billions and trillions didn't get the money legit.

and just no with factions at this time, if we had a large player base it would be a completely different story. I would love for pvp to be turned back on though, idk why it's off. if we have to we can maybe make a safe haven around spawn, and finish that city by spawn. and make that kinda like the spawn city?

timmie124
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by xblue_devil on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Well, like I said, it will be a big transition. I think you are making factions out to be something different than they are in my eyes. Instead of a griefing/pvp starting/ fight brewing idea, what it really is is just a way to transfer ranks from our current ranking tree to interactive in-game quest line that you can follow at any time of the day, of your own accord. Rather than being run by people, factions could be more a mere subthought of the greater idea of what the server is: to create a virtual satisfaction of accomplishment that can be personal and earned to a specific user without the bias or conflict of other users or the community.

We should try to do that. It would be a fun project, and it could all be done on a new multiverse world.

Also, do 't be afraid to just make a change. Obviously the current server yields 1-2 new players a week. An interactive, and in game ranking system, will surley increase that to a couple a day.

And by the way, I am defining new player by a player that stays on for more than a couple of days, and lets say builds a house and makes a friend all in game.

Thoughts on the idea of an in game ranking tree across multiple topics (mining, skill, building .?, PVM, etc?
xblue_devil

Back to top Go down

Post by xblue_devil on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:11 pm

ALSO PLEASE START USING MORE PORTALS TO TOWNS!!!! EVERY fun server I have played on in the past 2.5 years has had a large network of portals leading to builds and towns that people have made. It makes it easier to see what the server has to offer.
xblue_devil

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Wall of text.
tl;dr

#WoopWoop
Spencer
Fuhrer Asshole

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:07 pm

timmie124 wrote:

Ide be ok with that its just the people with billions and trillions didn't get the money legit.

and just no with factions at this time, if we had a large player base it would be a completely different story. I would love for pvp to be turned back on though, idk why it's off. if we have to we can maybe make a safe haven around spawn, and finish that city by spawn. and make that kinda like the spawn city?

Pvp is off because people bitch. I would say that it's a good thing that it's off though.

Back to top Go down

Post by timmie124 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:09 pm

xblue_devil wrote:ALSO PLEASE START USING MORE PORTALS TO TOWNS!!!! EVERY fun server I have played on in the past 2.5 years has had a large network of portals leading to builds and towns that people have made. It makes it easier to see what the server has to offer.

I would make portals but no one asks for them!

and I'll look more into factions, its just honestly never interested me.
I've been wanting to use the plugin quests, pretty much the same thing, just alot more complex system then factions.

royce I have never seen anyone bitch about it except for tp killers and spawn killers. that's why I'm wanting like a spawn city or something so the exit zone is a lot larger to prevent this problem

timmie124
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by xblue_devil on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:58 pm

Saying "I am not going to have pvp on because people bitch about it" is just like saying "I am not going to ban people anymore, because they bitch about it". If they bitch about it, you tell them to shut up, and make a damn sword and armor to protect themselves. Can't just back off when people complain.
Vision for server-->'this is how it fucking is, get used to it.' mentality.
Can't you see, with all the rank conflicts that there are, that TSC will never be a hit if everything is decided by other people and not the player? There HAS to be ways to achieve certain titles- in game- if you are the only player on. There just does.
xblue_devil

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronmuffin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:41 pm

im glad that we are accually talking about making the server better but in like 3 day tim is gunna get bored of trying to fix the server and just forget about all this.

to solve the pvp problem have 2 worlds 1 with pvp and 1 without. ONLY HAVE THOSE WORLDS. any other ones should be special privileges such as flatgrass
Kronmuffin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadskills on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:07 pm

Kronmuffin wrote:im glad that we are accually talking about making the server better but in like 3 day tim is gunna get bored of trying to fix the server and just forget about all this.

to solve the pvp problem have 2 worlds 1 with pvp and 1 without. ONLY HAVE THOSE WORLDS. any other ones should be special privileges such as flatgrass

I agree with kron on this.. Specially the PvP worlds and FG..

~Ashlynn~
Hadskills

Back to top Go down

Post by Poiuytas on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:20 pm

I would also like there not being like 20 worlds...

Poiuytas
Jack
Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronmuffin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:44 pm

at most there should be 4 worlds

Normal non pvp
Normal pvp
flatgrass (for special people)
admin world (for admins)

think on that tim
Kronmuffin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xblue_devil on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Tim might get bored, but I won't. And I don't think you will Kron. Or had, Eric Vince, and all yallz others. Nor do I think tim will get bored. With new players comes new options for having fun. I can dump a shit ton of ideas for mini game event on you: I will right now
But other than that, lets start. The ideas are lined up. Your guy's meetings are soon to be set. It is either forward or same from here.
xblue_devil

Back to top Go down

Post by timmie124 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Kronmuffin wrote:at most there should be 4 worlds

Normal non pvp
Normal pvp
admin world (for admins)

think on that tim

I'm completely fine with this
but look who is talking mr i need my own map.

timmie124
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by xblue_devil on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:11 pm

So.. Are we going to get a list going that we can check off? As I recall Adam did that once, and it worked out pretty well.
xblue_devil

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronmuffin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:36 pm

timmie124 wrote:
Kronmuffin wrote:at most there should be 4 worlds

Normal non pvp
Normal pvp
admin world (for admins)

think on that tim

I'm completely fine with this
but look who is talking mr i need my own map.

get rid of it
Kronmuffin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronmuffin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:36 pm

xblue_devil wrote:So.. Are we going to get a list going that we can check off? As I recall Adam did that once, and it worked out pretty well.

i think this is something we should do
Kronmuffin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top