TSC Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate
navigation
Untitled Document
Latest topics
» This is a thing again, it's hopefully her to stay for a long time.
New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 3:04 am by timmie124

» Another New Minecraft Server, TSC 4.0
New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 8:37 pm by Poiuytas

» New Minecraft Server! #TSC3.0
New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests EmptyWed May 31, 2017 10:56 am by timmie124

» 1.2 = out
New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 12:54 am by Poiuytas

» NEW RANKING SYSTEM (WIP)
New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 1:15 am by Guest

» El Sleezo's Pawn (Back)
New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 1:10 am by Guest

» not sure if we're still doing this but...
New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 1:09 am by Guest

» bananananana peal
New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 1:03 am by Guest

» banana appeal
New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 1:02 am by Guest

New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests

5 posters

Go down

New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests Empty New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests

Post by xblue_devil Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:24 am

We should all be familiar with the daedric quests in skyrim correct? A god contacts you, and you complete tasks, in order to get a unique item? They are probably some of the more exiting ones because "you don't know what is next" Remember that line.

Well, I tried something.

New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests 2013-011

Early on, I didn't really have anything in mind. It sort of escalated from wanting to help this girl out, because she was digging sand with more sand. So, I gave her a fairly good diamond shovel. But she never knew that I gave it to her. She dug out a piece of sand and saw it laying there. Picked it up and looked around. Confused, she carried on digging, but now at a pace of 8-10 blocks per second. Needless to say she was happy.

New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests 2013-010

In this picture we see the quickness (and subsequently the fun) of the entire idea. Upon digging a diamond shovel with unbreaking III on it to almost half dura, she began to return to her house. Quickly, I placed a chest and a sign saying "you must return the mighty shovel to it's rightful place. Then your god will give you what you need." She exclaimed ahhhhhhh! WTF! But then, she played along. she put the shovel in, closed it, and a storm brewed up, causing lightning to strike the chest, and when she reopened it there was a sharp V stick and some blue wool scattered through the chest.

WHILE she was in the chest menu, I quickly changed the sign to say "You must make a shrine for your god!" as seen above.

And a shrine she made.

New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests 2013-012

Shortly after the shrine was complete, she went back into her house. I involved backstory, as she asked "what is your name, mighty god?"
To which I placed a sign directly behind her stating "I do not have a name in your tongue." She saw it and jumped back, but was clearly amused when she began to revisit the shrine. Suddenly a storm began again. Lightning was striking all over, and the moment she looked away, I broke the wool head and replaced it with burning nether raak. At this point she was obviously enjoying it. She went on to place a creeper head, something I have no idea how she obtained, on the shrine, and it was smitten twice, then it disappeared.

Now before this, when I was in her house looking around, she had a chest dedicated just to this thing. she treasured it. So when I did this, I had something in mind.

When it was destroyed, she looked down and began to walk away. But when she got to the basement of her house, there it was. The creeper head sitting right there. When she went out side, the shrine was smitten, and suddenly a chest was there, accompanied by a sign stating, "your generosity pleases me."
The chest had a couple diamonds in it.

Next is when things got real difficult. I was thinking and moving so fast I forgot to take pictures. She went back into her house, and came out. The head was no longer on fire. It was blue wool again. She walked past it to go dig some more. On her way down the mountain, when she couldn't see, I tripled the size of the shrine and made it look more like a blue-devil with horns. She saw this from the bottom and began to sprint up. Quickly I placed a chest, the weather changed, a sign was placed saying "I have chosen you to be my CHAMPION! Wield this weapon in my name!" Higher up now, in the larger shrine, was a chest being constantly struck by lightning. Inside was a very powerful bow called "Blue's Bow". She took it and began to dig away at the tower she stacked to get up to it. As she lowered to the ground i broke the shrine above her and when she broke the last block at the bottom, and she looked back, it was all gone. She turned around. The sun was coming up. The weather stopped. And by the time she got back to her house, I had already moved the shrine design to inside her house on the floor. But in lapiz blocks to make it look more rustic.

Post interview.

New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests 2013-011

She said she loved it, she liked the bow, and thought it was very fun to do.
Mostly because:
"I never knew what you were going to do."
She knew it was a player, but it was still fun for her because it was interactive to HER!
Do you guys like this idea? Do you think we could mix this in with the new quests?
What do you think?
Also, I went back and took a pic of the floor so you could see:

New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests 2013-013

EDIT: I JUST REALIZED HOW DIFFICULT IT IS TO THE THE POST INTERVIEW. SHE GAVE IT A 10/10 AND STATED IT WAS SCARY, BUT VERY FUN.

Last edited by xblue_devil on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
xblue_devil
xblue_devil

Back to top Go down

New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests Empty Re: New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests

Post by Aranak Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:53 am

You almost made her crap her pant i was outside smoking and i heard her shouting and almost crying of fear but she was a lot excited finding it fun i got to explain her its was a admin because she dident understand and got scare XD i said follow him around and have fun =3
Aranak
Aranak

Back to top Go down

New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests Empty Re: New Idea: Interactive Adventure Quests

Post by xblue_devil Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:54 am

Aranak wrote:You almost made her crap her pant i was outside smoking and i heard her shouting and almost crying of fear but she was a lot excited finding it fun i got to explain her its was a admin because she dident understand and got scare XD i said follow him around and have fun =3
Well, I gave her some thank you presents, so hopefully it was worth it Smile
xblue_devil
xblue_devil

Back to top Go down

Post by Hadskills Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Very interesting. I'd like to try this myself.
Hadskills
Hadskills

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronmuffin Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:43 pm

ive done this before the vanish mod is a very fun thing
Kronmuffin
Kronmuffin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by art1tuvsho Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:50 pm

That's tight, you're damn creative!
art1tuvsho
art1tuvsho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down