TSC Gaming
Welcome
to
TSC Gaming's
Forum

Wanting to become a member on any TSC server?
Make an introduction here!
http://tscgaming.forumotion.com/f8-introductions

Returning member? Please sign in and have fun!
Donate
navigation
Untitled Document
Latest topics
» Another New Minecraft Server, TSC 4.0
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:52 am by Poiuytas

» New Minecraft Server! #TSC3.0
Wed May 31, 2017 10:56 am by timmie124

» 1.2 = out
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:54 am by Poiuytas

» BRING BACK THE SERVER
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:20 am by CousinVinnie99

» NEW RANKING SYSTEM (WIP)
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:15 am by CousinVinnie99

» El Sleezo's Pawn (Back)
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:10 am by CousinVinnie99

» not sure if we're still doing this but...
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:09 am by CousinVinnie99

» bananananana peal
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:03 am by CousinVinnie99

» banana appeal
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:02 am by CousinVinnie99

Factions and PVP

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Factions and PVP

Post by Poiuytas on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 pm

I have an idea on how this could all work. I'll try to remember to post it when I finish my homework.

Poiuytas
Jack
Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Poiuytas on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Alright. So this is my idea. The Assassins and Templars live in the same city. They both have their own base where they can buy and sell gear (I'll get to selling in a bit). Each person starts off with eh, let's say $1,000. They can use the free, bad gear, or buy better gear with their money. A player gets more money be selling the gear of the opposite faction. So Templars will wear certain armor, and Assassins will wear different armor. There will be signs at each base to sell the other faction's gear. This is how they can make money. The more money you get, the higher ranking gear you can buy; making you stronger, more powerful, etc. You go into the city and try to find members of the opposite faction to kill. That's what I think should happen.

Poiuytas
Jack
Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:50 pm

Poiuytas wrote:Alright. So this is my idea. The Assassins and Templars live in the same city. They both have their own base where they can buy and sell gear (I'll get to selling in a bit). Each person starts off with eh, let's say $1,000. They can use the free, bad gear, or buy better gear with their money. A player gets more money be selling the gear of the opposite faction. So Templars will wear certain armor, and Assassins will wear different armor. There will be signs at each base to sell the other faction's gear. This is how they can make money. The more money you get, the higher ranking gear you can buy; making you stronger, more powerful, etc. You go into the city and try to find members of the opposite faction to kill. That's what I think should happen.

What?

Back to top Go down

Post by Poiuytas on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:59 pm

You're an assassin, I'm a Templar. You kill me and sell my gear for money. You can buy better gear with it. I can do the same to you.

Poiuytas
Jack
Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by pantaleon26 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:20 am

i feel the more we try to cator to this the less fun it will be... having the original kroman citadel RP and the RP world as examples
pantaleon26
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly157 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:28 am

pantaleon26 wrote:
Altrive wrote:
Grizzly157 wrote:And all of that's fine but the main point I want to make is to only have two factions (Assassins and Templars) because that will keep the war going instead of everyone making a faction by themselves and turning into a free for all. Two factions.

What I see the most here i this.

And by that I mean the game that this is in.

i am ok with this

also we could do this the lazy way and find a nice isolated continent, build two cities, make the entire region PVP and have at it

That's exactly what I'm proposing.

Grizzly157

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:31 am

Poiuytas wrote:You're an assassin, I'm a Templar. You kill me and sell my gear for money. You can buy better gear with it. I can do the same to you.

Selling to the other side seems completely idiotic though, which is what you originally said. Why not horde the armor and just leave the other side completely barren.

Back to top Go down

Post by Poiuytas on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:18 am

TheWeirdo9 wrote:
Poiuytas wrote:You're an assassin, I'm a Templar. You kill me and sell my gear for money. You can buy better gear with it. I can do the same to you.

Selling to the other side seems completely idiotic though, which is what you originally said. Why not horde the armor and just leave the other side completely barren.
i wouldn't be selling it back to you! I would be selling it to other Templars or the sign shops at the Templar base

Poiuytas
Jack
Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:45 am

Poiuytas wrote:
TheWeirdo9 wrote:

i wouldn't be selling it back to you! I would be selling it to other Templars or the sign shops at the Templar base

But if we're having team specific armor then the only people who would buy this armor is the other team, which is what I have an issue with. Unless you can remake the armor into your own team armor or something, then that's ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly157 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:15 am

Ok so a way people wont cry is there's a plug-in where when you die you loose everything except combat gear (armor, swords, bows, arrows). That way people wont throw MASSIVE fits when they die. They'll still get bugged but that'll teach them not to carry more than they're willing to loose.

Grizzly157

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly157 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:45 am

pantaleon26 wrote:i feel the more we try to cator to this the less fun it will be... having the original kroman citadel RP and the RP world as examples

You're absolutely right. I think we need to keep it as simple as possible.

Grizzly157

Back to top Go down

Post by ATinyMuffin on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:47 am

The whole point of PvP is that when you die, you lose your shit and your killed gets your shit. People can bitch all they want, but the answer just has to be "deal with it".
ATinyMuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by timmie124 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:00 pm

You guys are thinking way too hard on this. Basically what your doing is trying to make an rp, and with 2 completely different classes that are on separate team, one is going to have a major advantage.

Also if your wanting to make a city or something for this, start working on one. find an area and I can make the area creative for the time being and when you leave the area you loose your items.

as for plugins poi please find a alternative to showcase. Sign shop is the devil.

Also the next update for minecraft is supposed to have a scoreboard if that works how I think it will, we should be waiting until that update and for the time being build up the world so we have it ready on the release.

Here's what should be done. wait for the new update, wait for a plugin that utilizes the scoreboard feature. if the plugin has to get created we can try to make it our selves or get a hold of adam to do it. selling shit and starting money is unnecessary. Unless you want to do it $1000 is to much, maybe if you did that there should be a treasurer for each team that handles the money.

and yeh if you bitch about loosing items during pvp, your shouldn't be pvping. If you bitch about loosing your items in general you shouldn't be playing to be honest, it's part of the game

TL;DR: While Iguanas CAN be fed on a mayonnaise only diet, it is hard to do and rarely worth the risk.

timmie124
Founder

http://tscgaming.org

Back to top Go down

Post by pantaleon26 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:39 pm

gana go claim an island while im waiting
pantaleon26
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pantaleon26 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:37 pm

pantaleon26 wrote:gana go claim an island while im waiting

and then 1.5 came out...god dammit
pantaleon26
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly157 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:48 pm

Timmie, when the server's up and running can Pant and I get started on the city\battle ground?

Grizzly157

Back to top Go down

Post by Poiuytas on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:55 pm

Play on 1.4.7 (or 1.4.6) until Bukkit updates to 1.5

Keep yourself posted here: http://bukkit.org/

Poiuytas
Jack
Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Spencer on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:13 am

Page 3

#WoopWoop
Spencer
Fuhrer Asshole

Back to top Go down

Post by timmie124 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:19 am

you two can start when ever you want, you never have to ask me anything when it comes to this kind of stuff as long as another admin is with you when its going on.

Also hows the sewer under the spawn going, I went down there the other night and it looked amazing but how much more is needed.

Poiuytas wrote:Play on 1.4.7 (or 1.4.6) until Bukkit updates to 1.5

Keep yourself posted here: http://bukkit.org/

this is preferred place to wait for updates, that and the twitter, but the twitter builds are normally super unstable.
http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/

TL;DR: While Iguanas CAN be fed on a mayonnaise only diet, it is hard to do and rarely worth the risk.

timmie124
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Xephisto on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:12 pm

Oh man, are we going to do this again? I support it, as long as it's not a fuck-shit stack like last time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."

Semper fidelis
Xephisto
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by loop857 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:04 pm

Can we not base the names of the fractions off of a game... be more creative
loop857
lewp968

Back to top Go down

Post by timmie124 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:35 pm

loop857 wrote:Can we not base the names of the fractions off of a game... be more creative

My thoughts exactly.

timmie124
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronmuffin on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:41 pm

THE ARMY OF KRON RISES AGAIN!
Kronmuffin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pantaleon26 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:06 pm

timmie124 wrote:
loop857 wrote:Can we not base the names of the fractions off of a game... be more creative

My thoughts exactly.

its assassins and kron...those are the only two consistent factions in server history
pantaleon26
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by timmie124 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:26 pm

don't forget of tim's collation of ass monkeys which consisted of me and cammy. we kicked ass

timmie124
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top